Retaining Wall

Retaining Walls

Please use this checklist to ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted for plan review, permitting and inspections for retaining walls.

♦ Please log in to eTrakit and apply for a Building Residential Retaining Wall permit. Once your plans are approved, you will receive an email to log in and pay for your permit and print your permit card.

♦ Please submit a drawing of the wall showing dimensions and depth of the footing – If the wall is greater than 4’ in height (measured from the bottom of the footing) it must be designed by a Registered South Carolina Professional Engineer.

♦ Submit a Site Plan ‐ Show location of retaining wall on site.

♦ License Requirement – A City of Greer Business License is required (Business License Information Sheet), Contractor must be properly licensed with LLR.  For MSE Walls that are greater than 4 feet, a Residential builder or a Specialty Contractor with a masonry classification is required. 

♦  All walls must receive final inspection approval before a certificate of occupancy will be issued.