What We Do

City Engineer Steve Grant oversees all activities of the Engineering and Storm Water Divisions.

The major duties of his position include:

  • Coordinating and managing City of Greer construction projects (except park construction);
  • Administering the City of Greer Street Paving program and road, sidewalk and drainage improvement projects;
  • Reviewing all development plans to ensure compliance with City of Greer development standards and stormwater regulations;
  • Administering  the City Stormwater program and MS4 permit;
  • Performing inspections of all new site, road and storm drainage system construction to ensure adherence to City of Greer development standards.
  • Administer Encroachment Permits (street cuts) on City Streets (eTrakit User Manual, How to apply for a permit)

Do you have a traffic problem in your neighborhood?

Speed humps are not always the best solution. Most people hate driving over them and public acceptance is mixed, but sometimes they do provide a safety benefit. 

If speeding is a concern on your street, contact the City Police Department at 864-848-2151 to report your concerns. The Police Department has several options to explore BEFORE the City would consider installing Traffic calming measures. 

City of Greer Traffic Calming Policy

Do you need to report a concern?

  • Report a pothole - Go to GreerConnect
  • Report a road paving problem - Email the BDS Department by going to GreerConnect
  • Report a drainage issue - Call Public Services at 864-848-2184 or go to GreerConnect
  • Report a garbage pickup issue - Call Public Services at 864-848-2184 or go to GreerConnect

Related Documents