Residential Construction

IRC Class Image

What Type of Work Requires a Permit?

Permits are required for any new structure, addition, remodel, repair, interior demolition, demolition (removal of a structure) or moving a structure. This includes replacement water heaters, replacement roofs, new heating and air systems, siding, replacement windows, decks, garages, carports, and storage sheds.

Please contact our office for additional information at 864-848-2175.

To view an interactive online dashboard displaying all permits issued by the city, click here.