From administering the City of Greer’s Street Paving and Stormwater programs to overseeing all City facilities and managing new projects, the Engineering Department keeps the City running smoothly.
The department includes Engineering, Stormwater and the Facilities & Project Management divisions. It plays a key role in ensuring safe roads, water runoff and retention/detention, construction projects that meet requirements, facilities that are safe and welcoming to residents and visitors, and trained eyes to keep special projects moving and on budget.
The Engineering Department is responsible for all activities of the Street Paving and Drainage Maintenance Program, Stormwater and MS4 Permit. On a daily basis, you can find staff:
- Reviewing plans to ensure compliance with the City of Greer’s development standards and stormwater regulations.
- Using drone technology to examine construction projects.
- Monitoring the conditions of City roads and executing road preservation measures.
- Coordinating and managing new City projects.
- Maintaining all public facilities.
View the City of Greer Comprehensive Fee Schedule for a complete listing of Engineering Department fees.