- Quick Links
|Giant Dude enjoys lounging at the entrance to Greer City Hall. However, there are a couple of things missing from his life: friends and a name. The City of Greer and Tube Dude artist Scott Gerber are giving one local Tube Dude fan a chance to win a full-sized custom sculpture of his or her very own! Imagine a one-of-a-kind Clemson or Gamecock Dude. Surprise a loved one with a Tube Dude representing a favorite hobby. Check out the many variations Scott has already created.
How to Enter
Submit a photo of yourself with Giant Dude at 301 E. Poinsett Street -- the entrance to Greer City Hall. It can be an intimate shot of just you and Giant Dude – or you can invite family and friends. Creativity is the key to a great photo.
|2||According to artist Scott Gerber, the sculpture is known simply as Giant Dude. That hardly seems fair since he’s now a large part of the Greer community. So come up with a name for the big guy. Again, creativity is important because “Bob” probably isn’t going to win any prizes. The photo and name combination will be used to select the Grand Prize winner.
|3||Submit your photo and suggested name using the form below. Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 19. Scott Gerber himself will judge all photos and names and select the winner of a custom Tube Dude valued at up to $2,000.|
Submit your photo with Giant Dude
AND a suggested name for him below.
Both are required for a successful entry.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open South Carolina residents 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. City of Greer employees and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of employees are not eligible to participate. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the City of Greer and Scott Gerber as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting at 11:59 p.m. on February 20, 2017 and ending at 11:59 p.m. on March 19, 2017.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting a photo file and suggested name for Giant Dude using the online form provided at http://www.cityofgreer.org/Contest.php The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to qualify for prize consideration. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the City of Greer. Multiple entries are allowed.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive one custom Tube Dude provided by artist Scott Gerber valued at up to $2,000. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Tube Dude LLC in consultation with the Winner. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The City of Greer and Tube Dude LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Tube Dude artist Scott Gerber under the supervision of the City of Greer. Winner will be notified by phone or e-mail within five (5) days following selection of Winner. If Winner cannot be contacted or is ineligible, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the City of Greer and Tube Dude LLC, anyone acting on behalf of the City of Greer and Tube Dude LLC, and the City of Greer and Tube Dude LLC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the City of Greer. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the City of Greer and Tube Dude LLC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense.